By Helder Vasconcelos
Unlock the facility of multi-core cellular units to construct responsive and reactive Android applications
About This Book
- Construct scalable and performant purposes to exploit multi-thread asynchronous techniques
- Explore the high-level Android asynchronous constructs to be had at the Android SDK
- Choose the main acceptable asynchronous strategy to enforce your subsequent amazing feature
Who This publication Is For
This e-book is for Android builders who are looking to the right way to construct multithreaded and trustworthy Android functions utilizing high-level and complex asynchronous thoughts and ideas. No past wisdom of concurrent and asynchronous programming is needed. This e-book can also be nice for Java specialists who're new to Android.
Whether you're a newbie at Android improvement or a professional Android programmer, this e-book will consultant you thru the main simple and complicated asynchronous constructs utilized in Android programming.
What you are going to Learn
- Get accustomed to the android strategy version and low-level concurrent constructs brought via the Android SDK
- Use AsyncTask and loader framework to load facts within the heritage, supplying growth ends up in the meantime
- Create prone that have interaction together with your task with out compromising the UI rendering
- Learn the operating of Android concurrency at the local Layer
- Interact with close by units over Bluetooth and WiFi communications channels
- Create and compose projects with RxJava to execute complicated asynchronous paintings in a predictable way
- Get familiar with using the Android Loader build to carry updated results
Asynchronous programming has got giant value in Android programming, particularly after we have the desire to make use of the variety of autonomous processing devices (cores) to be had at the most up-to-date Android units. With this consultant on your arms you’ll have the capacity to carry the facility of Asynchronous programming in your personal tasks, and make your Android apps extra strong than ever before!
To begin with, we are going to talk about the main points of the Android technique version and the Java Low point Concurrent Framework, introduced by way of Android SDK. we are going to additionally advisor you thru the high-level Android-specific constructs to be had at the SDK: Handler, AsyncTask, and Loader. subsequent, we are going to speak about the production of IntentServices, sure prone and exterior providers, that can run within the history even if the consumer isn't really interacting with it. additionally, you will detect AlarmManager and JobScheduler APIs, that are used to agenda and defer paintings with no sacrificing the battery existence. In a extra complex section, you are going to create history initiatives which are in a position to execute CPU-intensive initiatives in a local code-making use of the Android NDK. you'll be then guided in the course of the strategy of interacting with distant providers asynchronously utilizing the HTTP protocol or Google GCM Platform. utilizing the EventBus library, we are going to additionally express the right way to use the Publish-Subscribe software program trend to simplify conversation among different Android software parts by way of decoupling the development manufacturer from occasion consumer.
Finally, we'll introduce RxJava, a favored asynchronous Java framework used to compose paintings in a concise and reactive means. Asynchronous Android might help you to construct well-behaved purposes with delicate responsive consumer interfaces that satisfaction the clients with fast effects and knowledge that’s constantly fresh.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow advisor is filled with code examples of real-world use situations. each one asynchronous subject is defined sequentially, from the main uncomplicated and low-level to the extra complicated, utilizing concise and powerful language. a few lifecycle flows and ideas characteristic illustrations that will help you comprehend the advanced interactions among Android entities.
Read or Download Asynchronous Android Programming PDF
Similar software development books
The Firmware Handbook provides a entire reference for firmware builders trying to elevate their abilities and productiveness. It addresses every one serious step of the improvement approach intimately, together with tips to optimize layout for larger firmware. themes lined contain real-time concerns, interrupts and ISRs, reminiscence administration (including Flash memory), dealing with either electronic and analog peripherals, communications interfacing, math subroutines, mistakes dealing with, layout instruments, and troubleshooting and debugging.
No matter what your programming language, no matter what your platform, you most likely faucet into linker and loader capabilities for all time. yet have you learnt how you can use them to their maximum attainable virtue? in basic terms now, with the book of Linkers & Loaders, is there an authoritative e-book dedicated solely to those deep-seated compile-time and run-time tactics.
The common deployment of hundreds of thousands of present and rising software program functions has positioned software program financial reviews one of the most important of any type of enterprise research. regrettably, an absence of an built-in suite of metrics makes software program fiscal research tremendous tricky. The overseas functionality aspect clients staff (IFPUG), a nonprofit and member-governed association, has develop into the well-known chief in selling the potent administration of software software program improvement and upkeep actions.
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the ninth foreign convention on version Transformation, ICMT 2016, held in Vienna, Austria, in July 2016, as a part of STAF 2015, the federation of many of the prime meetings on software program applied sciences. The thirteen revised papers have been conscientiously chosen from 36 submissions.
- Reviews in der System- und Softwareentwicklung: Grundlagen, Praxis, kontinuierliche Verbesserung (German Edition)
- Software-Architekturen für Verteilte Systeme: Prinzipien, Bausteine und Standardarchitekturen für moderne Software (Xpert.press) (German Edition)
- Pomodoro Technique Illustrated: The Easy Way to Do More in Less Time (Pragmatic Life)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Financial Management
- Software-Qualität (eXamen.press) (German Edition)
Extra resources for Asynchronous Android Programming
Asynchronous Android Programming by Helder Vasconcelos